Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's official ...

****update 7/1/09*****
It's been brought to my attention that I am a baker - and yes, that is true. I love the baking. I'm just not June.
I'm a housewife!
Not by choice though.

Today was my last day at work and I am having mixed emotions. On one hand, I am looking forward to a new adventure and being forced to think outside of the box. I have a few things up my sleeve and am very eager to see how it all pans out. I'll keep you updated as things begin to unfold a bit more. On the other hand ... I am totally wigging out! It is definitely not the time to be laid off by your employer and if I had a choice I so would have stayed. But I didn't have a choice and now I am competing with probably at least 1,000 other applicants for each job I am applying for. Scary times! Avoid this position at all costs.

But I am looking at this as a blessing and a new adventure. If you don't stay positive, then you can't expect something grand to come your way. So ... I am upbeat and positive and waiting for my 'something grand.'

So, my plans for the time being?? Finding a job, playing house, getting crafty, and figuring out my destiny. And I am excited! I am young and have my whole life ahead of me and cannot wait to find out what is next.

But I am no June Cleaver ... and the Mr. knows that too. He knows not to expect a homemade, just out of the oven, bubbling hot apple pie sitting on the kitchen window sill when he gets home from work. But a premade pie from the bakery at the local grocery store? Sure, why not.

3 comments:

Dad said...

You're somethin'!

Anonymous said...

That small room will make a nice nursery.

Anonymous said...

want some Sprite....