Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Friday!

Which means it's that time again! This week it's all about favorite vacation spots so I have decided to reminisce about our trip to Maine last summer for the Lobster Festival.

Andrew and I have talked before on how great it would be to go to Maine. When I was in the 5th grade we had to choose a state to do a class report on. I chose Maine. I've been hooked ever since. Andrew and I would always go back and forth debating whether or not to go so last summer we just decided to go for it. So, we made the 15-17 hour drive up (talk about a true test on our relationship - HA!) and enjoyed a full week of gorgeous views, beautiful weather, and some delicious lobster!



Okay, so look at the clouds in this picture. Don't you see the lobster and it's huge claw? This is been up for debate with a few people but I swear I can see it. Look above the electricity pole and to right. The claw is overlapped by the power lines. See it???? :-)

This was the view from our hotel room. We would wake up every morning, get a cup of coffee, and just take it the view. I enjoyed the simplicity of the town we stayed in. It had a beautiful shoreline and a fabulous historical downtown that has stayed true to its charm.

Do you know what time it is??? Time to get crackin'!



If you have ever thought about going to Maine, do it!! You won't regret it. But the next time I go ... I'll be flying. ;-)

3 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

It feels so good to have somebody write about enjoying something up in my neck of the woods (NH)!! What part of Maine did you visit? We spend lots of time in York and Boothbay Harbor. Everything in Maine is fun to visit!!

Susan said...

Fabulous pictures!

Kristin said...

We absolutely loved Maine! We stayed in Belfast and visited Rockland for the Lobster Festival. We also made sure to visit the other coastal towns while we were up there like Bar Harbor, Camden, and Rockport. I would love to visit again.