Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Prepping for Christmas

I am so excited! It's our first Christmas in our new house and we are pulling everything down from the attic so we can decorate. I've got a little bit done so far but there is still so much to do! I cannot wait to have the tree up, the lights turned on, the smell of homemade cookies from my kitchen, and the sound of Josh Groban in the background. Andrew is just ready for the cookies. Maybe the tree too ... but mostly cookies.

You all know I love me some Christmas and I love me some bargains and when I get to put the two together my heart melts a little. I went out yesterday to pick up our Christmas wreaths for the windows and was trying to think of the best place to go. I knew WalMart had them for $10 a piece which I didn't think was terrible but thought I could do better. So, I headed over to Big Lots and to my surprise I found them for $7 each. Not bad, huh? Well ... it gets better. I bought the wreaths and headed over to Michael's to pick up a few crafty items and noticed all of their wreaths were 50%. Well, I didn't think it would be much of a difference but when I checked out the price I almost did a cartwheel. They were only $2.99 each! Wahooo! So, I grabbed what I needed, checked out, and headed back to Big Lots to return the $7 ones. Man, was I pumped! Then I headed over to Dollar General and pick up some of the most beautiful wired ribbon for $1 per roll to make my own bows for the wreaths. Each roll is just enough for one wreath ... so I only spent $4.00 for each wreath.

Well, it's time to finish decorating the inside of my house. Andrew and I are picking out our Christmas tree Friday night and putting up all of the outside decorations on Saturday morning before heading into my parents to help decorate their house. I'll do a post followup with pictures this weekend.

But here are a few teasers until then ...



1 comment:

Mama Raynor said...

Can't wait to see your beautifully decorated home!!! Your very first Christmas in your new home....what a special time for you!
Looking forward to celebrating my favorite SIL's birthday. Tell Andrew I'm baking his favorite cake to top off the secret recipe roast that you are preparing! We do spoil him!