Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's been awhile

Sorry for such a late post ... I know there are so many people out there just dying to know what the Rudy's are up to. I do apologize for my laziness of not keeping all 3 (maybe 4) of you entertained. :-)

Where to begin ...

How about this - Andrew got a promotion! That's right - he has turned into an everyday suit wearing, big-time, downtown banking man! We are so thrilled that his hard work and dedication over the past 5 years has paid off so nicely. Now I need to pick out my Coach bag ... haha ... kidding!

Andrew's mom also came to visit us for a few days. We got to show her around our new little town, go out to dinner, and relax by the pool .... with a delicious bottle of wine! It was so wonderful to have her company and we are looking forward to a trip to Florida to visit with her and Mike!

Last weekend for the 4th of July we headed to Raleigh to visit with Bryan, Amy, but mostly Chase! We had a wonderful day by the pool, ate some yummy food off the grill, and watched Chase wobble around on his two little feet. It is absolutely crazy how much this little man has grown!! Oh, and how do you like this? Andrew and I decided to stop by McDonald's on our way home from Raleigh. Well, Andrew proceeded to order his Bic Mac and got this as a response, "We don't have Big Macs" No lie ... I tell the truth ... 4th of July weekend and the most American fast food joint doesn't have it's signature sandwich! WHAT!?!?!

Now we are gearing up for our big trip to Maine at the end of July! Yes, we are driving ... and yes, I know that is crazy. Andrew and I will be spending 16 hours in the car together to get there. I can hear some of our conversations now; "Slow down, Andrew" "Speed up, Kristin" "Do you see any cop cars hidden on the entry ramps?" "It's my turn to pick the CD" "But I'm the driver, I get to listen to my choice of CD until we switch" "Are we there yet?" "Yeah, just over the hill" "Eww, was that you?" Fun times!!!!! We are actually really looking forward to our vacation to the beautiful state of Maine for the annual Lobster Festival! We will be sure to blog and post pictures while we are up there.

Oh, question .... is it true that you can hear the lobsters 'cry' as they are thrown into the pot? I think I may cry ....

2 comments:

Chris_Nichols said...

Lobsters don't cry, it is steam coming from their delicious innards and out of cracks and holes in their shell. Sounds like a whistle.

I am jealous, I want to go. And the general rule of thumb is the man always picks the music, sorry but it is in the bible.

Anonymous said...

Andrew....congrats....your star keeps getting brighter and brighter!!!!

Kristin....I agree! Get out of that stuffy cube and spread your wings!!!!

Looking forward to the beautiful brick home...