Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

from a not so red delicious to a fabulous granny smith

The kitchen has finally been painted! Yesssss! It is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I could love it more. I mean, how much can you really love a kitchen? Well, let me tell you ... a lot! There are just a few finishing touches to make and it will be complete! I'm hoping to get a backsplash done within a few weeks and then I want to get a dual oven ... but that's on hold for awhile.

before -
I wasn't a huge fan of the red paint in our kitchen. It made the kitchen very dark and small.

You also can't tell from the pictures but the paint job wasn't that great. I can only imagine how hard it would be to paint a room red ... you could tell that the previous owner tried and then probably got pretty irritated with it.


drum roll please ......


A close up of the paint and new window treatments. I chose black valances to blend with my appliances. Perfection.
The color of the paint is not even close to this picture ... visualize a granny smith apple. Delicious!

A new backsplash will replace what you see here. It will be black and it looks like old pressed tin. I have to get my vintage flair somewhere in there!

Awesome, huh?


Welcome to our home! What's for dinner? Tonight ... low fat chicken enchiladas. Come on over!

3 comments:

MOM said...

It looks so healthy and happy!!!

Unknown said...

It looks soooooo freakin awesome!! I can't wait to see it in 16 days!!!!

J-Ray said...

To steal your word...I "lurve" it!!!!