Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

Show us your life ... part one for me

Okay, so I have decided to finally participate! I read Kelly's blog almost every day and she had this great idea to get everyone involved on Fridays to kind of put a spotlight on your family, house, and life .... so, here I go!
Today's post is about showing off your wedding reception and honeymoon. The Mr. and I got married at Childress Vineyards in Lexington and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day or location.

Here we are during our first dance as hubby and wifey. We danced to Billy Joel's "She's Got a Way" ... we were having such a hard time coming up with a song to dance to because we never had a song. My Mr. came over to my apartment one evening while we were planning the wedding and said he had the perfect song to dance to and play this one for me. ::swoons::

Here is a picture of our beautiful cake! I believe it was amaretto pound cake?? We literally only had the bite we gave to each other after we cut it. We did save the top layer for our one year anniversary and it still tasted pretty good. I made sure to save a small slice of our wedding cake and will keep it in my freezer for years to come. I actually noticed that my parents have done this with several special cakes they have had in their lives ... wedding, anniversaries, birthdays ... I'm just a bit sentimental, huh? :-) I wanted to stick to the traditional bride and groom cake topper and found this one on ebay that Hallmark sold. Hallmark actually sells them in their stores again. I love it.

My favorite unplanned photo! The vineyard set up a table just for the two of us with elaborate seating. Well, as we danced the night away Andrew draped his jacket over his chair and I put my veil across the arms of mine. I love that our photographer found this smallest detail and decided to capture it. I also love that Grammy is in the background ... this will always be one of my favorite pictures from our special day.

And last, but definitely not least. This picture is a table we had setup of both sets of parents and all of our grandparents. Some are from their own wedding days and others are just great snapshots. I loved having this! It made me feel that all of our grandparents were there to help us celebrate our special day. We got so many compliments on this and every time I looked over there were people at the table looking at their pictures.
I'll have to work on the honeymoon pictures. I am the genius who didn't charge her camera battery before the honeymoon so we had to buy $30 one time use cameras. And I still haven't gotten them developed. Ooops ... that is now on my to do list for next week.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Post my favorite!

Unknown said...

I love the table with your relatives' photos.
Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.