Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Well, it is at our house!!! The wreaths are up, the tree is lit, and the stockings are hung. This is our first Christmas in our first home together and I am so excited. I kind of felt behind with all of the decorating because our neighbors were all done with their decorating the day after Thanksgiving. You would have thought the Grinch or Scrooge lived at our house. I don't think I have ever seen so many lights in my life except for our visits through the Festival of Lights or our Christmas Eve drives in Cooleemee. It kind of made me want to compete with them but we're just not into the blow up figures, candy cane lights, or lit up reindeer. Now, don't get me wrong I love to look at it all ... just not in my yard.

Enough about that ... look at all of my pictures!

My Christmas flag.

My $4 wreaths and handmade bows!!


At night. I love it ... even though our house looks kinda sad compared to the rest of the homes in our cul de sac.


Andrew with his birthday drill.


Andrew, Lou, and our tree!


Sweet Lou


Our tree with lots and lots and lots of colorful lights and tinsel ... I love going all out on our Christmas tree. The more the better ... I guess I let the child out when it comes to decorating it. I'm glad Andrew is the same way. I think we will put the big colorful bulbs on it next year.


Our mantel. I think this is my favorite part. I used old milk jugs, my grandparent's vintage ornaments, and cedar branches from one of my trees outside. Love it!!



Dining Room


My Doll houses ... all 26 of them ... well, they all couldn't fit in the picture.

My Charlie Brown Christmas tree with blue lights and one of my favorite snowmen.
Happy Holidays!!!!! Hope you enjoyed the mini tour. Quite honestly, you should just drive on in and see it for yourself. I'll even make you sugar cookies.

2 comments:

dad and mom said...

Hope we'll get a personal tour!

Kristin said...

uuummmm .... yea! You just name when! I'll make you chicken pie ... or the sugar cookies could make our meal complete. hehe