Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My newest hobby

Make sure to click all the red words ... takes you to some super fun sites!!

****Update**** Our local news station was there to report on the goal of First Book-Charlotte. So, yes ... I am now famous. ;-) You see my wrapping skills a few times throughout the clip and the stack at the very end was wrapped by yours truly.

Well, tonight I am beginning my first day of many volunteer opportunities. And let me tell you, I am so excited! Let me back up. I have volunteered before. And I've had fun. But I am just now starting to get passionate about it.

I found this great little website, volunteermatchLink.org. You sign up, type in your zip code, and voila! Hundreds of opportunities in your area pop up for you to choose from.

I chose First Book Charlotte. This organization collects and distributes books to parts of the community where literacy is low and many families can't afford to buy books for their children. I am meeting a group of people tonight at the YMCA to wrap books for the holidays. Can it get any better? I want to volunteer, I love to read, I love the holidays, and I love to wrap presents. That's what is so awesome about volunteermatch.org ... you find what you will be passionate about and sign up!

Off to make my smoothie and get on the road.

But before I go ... what's your all time favorite book?
Two of my many favorites -

On my list to read -

1 comment:

mom said...

Cheers to you!