Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 13, 2009

In a tizzy

Oh my goodness I feel like I have so much to do! Between being house manager, financial advisor, personal shopper, and professional baker I have so many 'to do' lists to accomplish before Christmas. So what that I am house manager of my own house, financial advisor to only my accounts, personal shopper for only my family, and professional baker for only the people who know me ... they are all very demanding jobs. But you know what? I.LOVE.IT. This time of year is my most favorite and I don't mind all of the last minute shopping or baking. It's all worth it because it's for my loved ones.

I'm trying to sort out everything that needs to be done leading up to Christmas. I've decided this week is the week for baking. And I might as well say that I'll be baking up a storm next week too.
Cookie List 2009:

sugar cookies - everyone's number one go to cookie
wedding cookies
ritz peanut butter cookies
pecan tarts - finally! Andrew has been begging for these for the past few years and I am finally making them again.

I also have a few maybes on the list ... it really depends if I have a meltdown or not when it comes time to make them. Baking is hard work believe it or not ... I'm just thankful to have a window in my kitchen so I don't get as hot as I did last year in our little one bedroom apartment. No worries though. I tend to be an over achiever when it comes to baking so I am sure I'll be making them. Maybe my oven will fall apart on me (once all the baking is complete of course) and then I can get one of these:

Isn't she lovely? That means next Christmas I can make even more treats! Cross your fingers.

Okay ... gotta finish those lists and get to shopping.

Much love to you and yours this holiday season!

3 comments:

Your Mom said...

I think all the in-laws, out-laws, ILS, mamas, papas, cuzins, whoever you may be, should start a collection for our favorite little baker! She deserves a brand, new, shiny state of the art range in order to continue to produce her magnificent baking delicacies that bring so much joy and delight to so many loved ones year after year. Agree? Yeah, I thought so!

Kristin said...

yes, please!! hehe

Unknown said...

Just take a deep breath and relax. Just make sure you have the cookies done by December 26th when we come. ;)